Hey guys. Look no further if you were wondering what to get me for Christmas! I’ma make it real easy on you. Hope your bank account is prepared to support my ~*glamourous*~ lifestyle.
1. The Creatures of Comfort Julia dress in eye print, $415. I tried this on a few months ago and it looks awesome. On me. It’s silk! I think I would probably wear it every day until it disintegrated on my body.
2. This WoodWood Violetta shirt, $215, is pretty much the perfect holiday shirt. It kind of looks like holly, but really it’s a floral so I can wear it any time. Think of the print mixing possibilities!
3. All the OLO products are great, but I especially like the cedarwood and rose scented argan oil hair tonic, $40. It keeps your hair nice and conditioned in the dry Canadian winter, and makes you smell like a darkly romantic forest angel.
4. The most gorgeous emerald coloured wool/mohair blend coat from Filippa K, $549. Sigh…
5. And finally, this MHL Matelot Jumper for $325. It’s boxy and comfy and just cropped enough to wear with my favourite jeans. See?
The Wish List train continues chugging along with my picks! Dear Santa: I’ve been kinda good this year, I think. Here are some things I love. Please tell Rudolph to set his GPS to 863 Queen Street W…
1. The ultimate sweater of my dreams, this Wood Wood Alli Sweater $359. I would put this on one day, and then eventually people I know would notice my excessive wear and be like “Sandi, do you own any OTHER sweaters???” And I would be all “no, this is my only sweater, I gave my other sweaters away because they could NOT compare to this one.” And then I would continue to wear it every single day.
2. Filippa K Leather Mittens $135 (black). Because they are cool AND warm. Seasonal weather would have nothing on me if I strapped these bad boys on. They’d be like little punching gloves fighting against flurries and sub zero temps.
3. Karen Walker Turn To Stone Dress $225. For those days when I want to wear a sweatshirt (which is pretty much everyday), but that sweatshirt is a DRESS! Also? Good dress name.
5. Lastly, this ALL Knitwear X Baggu hat $69. I usually wear boring plain black hats, but maybe it’s time to drastically change things up? The colours! I could call it my bumblebee party hat. Or my wild stripes hat. Either way, it would probably have a nickname and I would be warm.
Every week(ish) Amil Niazi styles the Robber mannequins and then takes you on a sartorial spirit quest, finding the stories buried in the silk and wool. Check out her modern fairytales and then vote for your favourite!
Oh okay I know. I’ve been negligent. I’ve been Leaning In TM. But look at us, here we are, dressing mannequins, talking to each other, voting on outfits. Let’s go!
Awwww cute! Isn’t it just so cozy to put a turtleneck under a sweater? It reminds me of the year 1992 (AD) when I was 10 years old and thought the height of sophisticated comfort was sticking a soft black tneck under my fave hybrid sweater/sweatshirt and then rolling to school like whoa. Rosemary gets that you can continue that kind of whimsical and comfortable dressage long into adulthood. Do I think Rosemary drinks tea? Yes. Do I think she owns at least one cat. Uh yeah, big time. Does she looooove Beyonce and always makes a big deal about it? Gross, probably. But! is she a really good friend who will always bring you soup when you’re sick? Ya man, you bet. Rosemary, you’re a pal and a confidante and if you threw a party, invited everyone you knew – you would see the biggest gift would not be from me but I love you anyway and thank you for being a friend. (Sessun B Boys sweater, $175, Filippa K soft jersey roller, $129, and wool flannel skirt, $219).
Some people know that cozy comes in all different shapes and sizes – cozy is as cozy does! Sweaters are an obvious choice. Anyone can be a snuggle bug in a sweater duh. But challenge yourself! YOCO (You Only Cuddle Once). Mindy’s like, ‘Sweater? Please.’ She makes a silk shirt look as chill as a red Roots sweatsuit (TM) (Lean In). I think what I like best about Mindy is how even though she never spills anything on her clothes (like avocado or coffee or hot thai chilly soup or peanut sauce or chip crumbs just as totally random examples) she acts like someone who does. You know what I mean? She’s so fresh and so clean but if you’re all, “Minders do you have a Tide 2 Go?” She’s just, “Yeah obvi always, I’m a mess!” And even though you know she’s straight lying you appreciate the no-judgement zone she’s creating at your workplace. Word, Mindy. Word. (Sessun Lazy River 2 pants, $209, Samantha Pleet verdant blouse, $275, Cursive Design Squaredancer necklace, $260).
So who won you over this week, Rosemary or Mindy? Scroll down for the poll!
It’s that time of year again when we start making lists and dreaming of getting giant mountains of presents from everyone we know! To kick off this years round of holiday wishlists, I have volunteered to go first so you can all save your money to buy these items for my stocking. =-)
Filippa K Lambswool structure pullover in berry melange. It’s so perfect! I used to hate pink and now I can’t get enough of it. $219:
Dieppa Restrepo Oxfords in Iguana Oasis. Girls gotta have some snazzy shoes! $299:
Wren Pintuck Dress in Navy/Emerald. This dress would maybe complete me, and make all my dreams come true? $379:
Wood Wood suede printed tote. I would use this to carry all sorts of things! On sale for $185:
Strathcona stockings. Would love to see these peeping out from my pants on especially dreary days. $36:
We’re proud to be the only Canadian stockists of this collaboration between BAGGU and independent knitwear designer Annie Larson! Each item is available in two colour-ways – hats are $69, backpacks $55, duck bags $38. And they would all make pretttttty perfect gifts, if you’re starting to think about the holidays…